Join the Wife and I sometime.

Join us some time.
We are always playing the Xbox via a Non-dedicated server. Host name should be "TheCage88"
Add me if you want to, my gamertag is: The Cage 88

Anyone is welcome to drop by, and participate in our adventures. (fair warning. Most of our structures are locked, but the boat is fair game for crafting and storage. If you need something, though, just ask).

Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Got to Start Somewhere...

           Well, I've decided to start putting my thoughts to papper.... erm, I mean, screen. Share some of the highlights of my hobbies. I have no idea where to start, so why not the middle.

           So, last month I picked up ARK: Survival Evolved on the Xbox One preview program, and have been playing with my wife in split screen. So far, our experience has been good over all. Frustrating at times, but good. The game itself is still far from complete and the developers beat the proverbial "dead horse" telling you that; But even in the unfinished state, there is still much fun to have if you are patient enough to put up with the occasional lag spike or crash. The other reason its frustrating is because it's very difficult. The game does allow you the freedom to tweek some of the settings to make it easier. but we have kept most of the default difficulty settings and only upped a few of the harvesting settings to make it a little less grindy. This seems to keep it interesting enough while still providing a challenge.

            We've spent the last few weeks struggling through the game and finally settled on a spot at the base of a mountain to set up a small little cottage.



              We've been based out of that for a while not. It's pretty close to a very dangerous river and a few metal deposits and we've been quite happy with it. Its proximity to that river has caused us some hardship though. We've died many times to the occasional carnivorous wanderer. Last night, though, that all has changed. Just recently we had tamed a T-Rex down by the river, and brought it back to our base. He's protected us close to home whenever something nasty has wondered our way, but taking him out has been a chore since he tends to get stuck on any rocks taller than a human (hoping for a slight fix for that before June). Last night changed everything. I noticed I had a level up and decided to look through my engrams. To my delight I notice that I can learn the Rex Saddle engram and think to myself "that is getting made right now." So, I run to the smithy and craft it up, slap it on our Rex and....

              This is the result. Yes, his name is Mr T, but really, is there any more appropriate name for a T-Rex... is there? So far, I must say, I'm not disappointed in the slightest. There is no feeling greater than when you've been struggling to survive for so long in this world to finally slap a saddle on a T-Rex and go on a leisurely stroll up said dangerous beach with this attitude...

             The only words I can find to describe the feeling is that when Jesus has the second coming and comes to battle Satan in the final battle. If he comes in riding a horse instead of a T-Rex, I will be very disappointed. So, anyway after wrapping up a killing spree that would make Dexter Morgan jealous, we return home, me on the back of the Rex, and my wife with her Raptor, Jeff. Both of us immensely satisfied with our work, we log off in our cottage for the night as it was getting late IRL and we both had to work. But I'm definitely excited to find what the future holds with our new fun friend on our little mountain home. we will see, and I'll continue to update the blog, so check back as often as you can bare the wall of text that will accompany the updates.

             TL:DR T-Rex is the shit. Build saddle for it ASAP. you wont be disappointed.

6 comments:

  1. Get yourself flying opens up a whole new world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We do have a couple of Pterodons. It's cool to get that top down perspective of the neighborhood, but their carry weight leaves much to be desired. So, for now, We're grounded if we want to carry much of anything back with us from where ever we go.

      Delete
    2. Argys are much more suited for carrying things through the air. Tame one of those as soon as you get a chance.

      Delete
    3. I have seen those things flying around, not too far from us. I've tried to tame them a couple of times but each time I do, it seems divine intervention takes over and keeps me from completing the tame. I did finally get one, but since I play with my wife, it wouldn't be fair to start using it heavily until i can get one for her also.

      Delete
  2. Hey, a new blog. And it's about ARK. <3

    I've seen a ton of ARK videos around, but no other blogs at all. As a blogger, I'm happy to find more. Good luck! ^^

    Rav

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I noticed that too. It was weird because it seems like the perfect game to blog about. if you play on your own, everyone is bound to have a slightly different experience with it.

      Delete